The answers of 1-10 research questions
1.Countries that ban abortion, countries that do not
→Dominican Republic, Honduras, Malta, Nicaragua, Vatican
2.Why do countries that prohibit abortion prohibit it?
→Religious reasons are the most common. In the teachings of Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism, abortion is considered "murder.
3.What do people in countries where it is banned do if they have an unwanted pregnancy?
→Many women have illegal abortions.
In these cases, the mother is often endangered due to sanitary and technical reasons.
In Morocco, where abortion is banned, there are 600-800 illegal abortions per year and 78 women die as a result of abortion.
4.Do people in such countries agree that abortion is banned?
→There is a movement to legalize abortion in the Dominican Republic and other countries where abortion is not allowed.
5.Why do countries where abortion is allowed allow it?
→In some Muslim, Christian, and Buddhist countries, abortion is allowed in order to save the mother's life from danger.
In Japan, abortion is allowed in cases where the mother's health is seriously impaired financially or physically, or when the pregnancy is the result of a sex crime.
6.Do people in such countries agree on abortion?
→ In countries where abortion is now recognized, there is no opposition to abortion and it is recognized as a "woman's right.
7.How much abandonment occurs in countries that ban abortion?
→ I couldn't find any data on this.
8.How much abandonment occurs in countries that allow abortion?
→In Japan, about 30,000 cases of abandonment will occur by 2020.
9.How many cycles of pregnancy can abortion be performed?
→How many cycles of pregnancy can abortion be performed?
10.Do unborn children have human rights?
→In Japan, abortion after the 22nd cycle is charged as murder.
If the abortion is performed before the 12th week, the fetus is treated as medical waste.
After the 12th week, the fetus is buried as a "corpse" according to the Cemetery Burial Laws.
I liked that they gave a simple and quick answer but informative. I didn’t know how many weeks it would be for it to consider murder, so question number 10 helped me to understand. I believe it is up to the woman to decide to have an abortion because they might have experienced traumatic experiences like rape. In that case, I strongly believe the woman has the rights and no one else should have a say on it. I am glad that Japan allows abortion in cases where it is the result of a sex crime, financial problem, or physical problem. I think adding images like "My Body, My Choice" and references would make it better.
返信削除Same as Ui mentioned, I really liked how you guys put together simple and easy-to-understand answers for the questions. It gave me brief knowledge about abortion, which I did not know much about. I was especially surprised by the fact that illegal abortions exist, and that people actually die from it. It must be scary to drink that pill or inject something that could end up killing you even though you made that hard choice to have a better life.
返信削除In relation to abandonment, maybe you can search about denied abortion and how it is related to poverty. Since no support is offered by the political leaders that drove to ban abortion, children have to start their lives a few steps behind their peers. I think this is a very sad but interesting topic to think about.
I agree with Ui and Kotono and I thought these questions were quickly answered and it was easy to understand. I was able to know the basic information about abortion and the answer to question 6 was definitely agreeable. I was surprised with question 6 with women dying due to abortion. Even though many women wish to have an abortion there is a reality where there is a possibility for women to die. I thought that women must be brave enough and it is a difficult decision to decide whether to have an abortion.
返信削除I thought this was a really well put entry that shows the basic information on the topic. The part where it says that people illegally do abortions is actually terrifying. This just shows that making abortions illegal cause more harm than good. While i've read a lot of articles on abortion, there were some information here that i had never heard about before, so this really educated me on the topic. Using religion as an excuse to endanger women and stripping them of their rights is downright evil. i really do hope things change for the good in the future.
返信削除Although your answers are brief and to the point, it is necessary to cite sources AND why you think you can believe that particular source. Why is it trustworthy and authoritative?
返信削除You also need to put the answers to the questions into perspective and tell whether you were surprised by the findings and why. For example, it seems to me that in a country like Japan where abortion is, relatively, readily available, it's surprising that there would be such a large number of abandoned babies (you mentioned 30,000). My guess is that these are babies born, mainly, from teenagers who were not able to ask their parents for consent to get the abortion or they didn't have the money for the abortion. An abortion is quite expensive in Japan and, of course, not covered by health insurance, unless perhaps, it's medically prescribed for the health and welfare of the mother.
We might infer, from the large number of abandonment cases currently, that there would be a far greater number if abortion were banned. I suspect that you would be able to find such statistics for countries that have abortion bans and it would be interesting to compare those numbers with the abandonment cases in countries where abortion is legal.